Periodontal Surgery Post Op (Scaling & Planning)Limerick, PA
Here is some advice that we have for you incase you are getting ready for a Periodontal Surgery. These tips, followed well, will help you recover and get back on your feet faster.
To minimize the discomfort and aid proper healing following your deep cleaning, we suggest the following:
- After the procedure, take aspirin, Tylenol (acetaminophen), or Advil (ibuprofen) before the anesthetic wears off. Continue to take one tablet every four hours for the next two days.
- Rinse with a warm salt-water solution (mix ½ teaspoon salt in 8 oz. warm water) two or three times an hour for the next day or two.
- Use a soft toothbrush at least two times a day. Be gentle and clean thoroughly. Slight bleeding may occur while brushing as the tissues begin to heal.
- Avoid strong spicy seasonings, and hard “chippy” for the next few days.
- As the tissues heal, some sensitivity to cold may occur. Use a desensitizing toothpaste (such as Sensodyne or Denquil), or fluoride gel (such as Prevident or Gel-Kam) frequently (at least 4 times/day) for 1 to 2 weeks. Also, the cleaner the teeth are kept, the less sensitive they will be.
- Faithfully use any other oral hygiene aids that have been recommended (floss, Perio-Aid, rubber tip, Sonicare, Proxabrush, Gel-Kam fluoride, Peridex mouthrinse, etc).
- Refrain from smoking for 24 hours or longer. Tobacco interferes with healing.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office.
Laser dentistry is a dental practice that can be used to treat both restorative and cosmetic conditions. One of the most common procedures that laser dentistry is capable of taking over is root canals. For the longest time, root canals have been done one way. However, modern-day dentistry has allowed for the evolution of better…
Those looking to straighten their teeth discreetly and fast can opt for the Invisalign® system. This teeth straightening treatment employs a set of clear aligner trays to correct teeth alignment and bite. Once the treatment starts, it is necessary to take proper care of the Invisalign trays to keep them in good shape.The following goes…
General dentists often recommend dental implants due to the range of benefits they offer. These benefits include a more natural appearance, more comfortable fit and unmatched durability. Understanding more about dental implants can help you decide if they are better than dentures or a fixed bridge for teeth replacement. Some patients have concerns when deciding if…
Considering Invisalign® to address crooked, crowd or protruding teeth? Invisalign® is a great teeth straightening option that has grown in popularity over the years. However, because it is still considered to be somewhat new to dentistry, some people are curious about what to expect from the treatment process. Keep reading to learn more about Invisalign.Outlined…
Many people undergo teeth straightening treatments such as Invisalign® to improve the appearance of their smile, but the effects of the procedure exceed that result. Having straight teeth reduces the risk of tooth decay and loss since oral hygiene is a lot easier, and it improves bite alignment to make chewing and speaking more convenient.…