Periodontal Surgery Post Op (Scaling & Planning)Limerick, PA
Here is some advice that we have for you incase you are getting ready for a Periodontal Surgery. These tips, followed well, will help you recover and get back on your feet faster.
To minimize the discomfort and aid proper healing following your deep cleaning, we suggest the following:
- After the procedure, take aspirin, Tylenol (acetaminophen), or Advil (ibuprofen) before the anesthetic wears off. Continue to take one tablet every four hours for the next two days.
- Rinse with a warm salt-water solution (mix ½ teaspoon salt in 8 oz. warm water) two or three times an hour for the next day or two.
- Use a soft toothbrush at least two times a day. Be gentle and clean thoroughly. Slight bleeding may occur while brushing as the tissues begin to heal.
- Avoid strong spicy seasonings, and hard “chippy” for the next few days.
- As the tissues heal, some sensitivity to cold may occur. Use a desensitizing toothpaste (such as Sensodyne or Denquil), or fluoride gel (such as Prevident or Gel-Kam) frequently (at least 4 times/day) for 1 to 2 weeks. Also, the cleaner the teeth are kept, the less sensitive they will be.
- Faithfully use any other oral hygiene aids that have been recommended (floss, Perio-Aid, rubber tip, Sonicare, Proxabrush, Gel-Kam fluoride, Peridex mouthrinse, etc).
- Refrain from smoking for 24 hours or longer. Tobacco interferes with healing.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office.
In general dentistry, toothaches are defined as any pain or ache in or around a tooth. While modern dentists have a thorough understanding of the causes and treatments for toothaches, people experiencing them may be frustrated by the discomfort. Those with a toothache may feel sharp or dull pain and sensitivity to temperature or chewing.In…
All too many people who could benefit from visiting an Invisalign dentist for treatment put it off as they fear the process might be invasive or too long and complicated. By gaining a clearer idea of what the Invisalign process involves, you can make a more informed decision as to whether or not treatment is…
At some point, the foods we eat and the beverages we drink begin to take their toll on our teeth, and when this happens, we look to teeth whitening services to restore smiles. While there are many options to whiten teeth both at home and in the dentist chair, a popular form is laser teeth…
Toothaches are extremely unpleasant and can make eating difficult and painful, but fortunately there are many beneficial treatments in general dentistry. Before deciding on a treatment option for toothache pain, it is helpful to understand more about toothaches. The sensation can be dull, sharp or throbbing. Toothaches can be sensitive to temperature, pressure or texture…
Dentures, also known as false teeth, are used to replace natural teeth after they have fallen out or have been extracted, allowing you to eat and speak without impediment. Even though they normally fit securely in your mouth, they sometimes come loose and do not function as well as they are supposed to.Your dentures become…