Periodontal Surgery Post Op (Scaling & Planning)Limerick, PA
Here is some advice that we have for you incase you are getting ready for a Periodontal Surgery. These tips, followed well, will help you recover and get back on your feet faster.
To minimize the discomfort and aid proper healing following your deep cleaning, we suggest the following:
- After the procedure, take aspirin, Tylenol (acetaminophen), or Advil (ibuprofen) before the anesthetic wears off. Continue to take one tablet every four hours for the next two days.
- Rinse with a warm salt-water solution (mix ½ teaspoon salt in 8 oz. warm water) two or three times an hour for the next day or two.
- Use a soft toothbrush at least two times a day. Be gentle and clean thoroughly. Slight bleeding may occur while brushing as the tissues begin to heal.
- Avoid strong spicy seasonings, and hard “chippy” for the next few days.
- As the tissues heal, some sensitivity to cold may occur. Use a desensitizing toothpaste (such as Sensodyne or Denquil), or fluoride gel (such as Prevident or Gel-Kam) frequently (at least 4 times/day) for 1 to 2 weeks. Also, the cleaner the teeth are kept, the less sensitive they will be.
- Faithfully use any other oral hygiene aids that have been recommended (floss, Perio-Aid, rubber tip, Sonicare, Proxabrush, Gel-Kam fluoride, Peridex mouthrinse, etc).
- Refrain from smoking for 24 hours or longer. Tobacco interferes with healing.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office.
Invisalign is a modern way to straighten crooked teeth, and a lot of people are considering it! However, it is important to remember that not everyone is a good candidate for every dental treatment that exists. This applies to Invisalign as well. Thankfully, we can help!Are you wondering if you’re a candidate for Invisalign? Most…
One of the best solutions for replacing missing teeth is dental implants. General dentists recommend them to patients who have missing teeth or teeth that are severely decayed. Dental implants offer many benefits that other tooth replacement options do not, which is why they are worth considering. Want to know more about dental implants and how…
Learning more about the rules of wearing Invisalign® clear aligners is a great idea before making an ultimate decision. For example, one of the benefits of choosing this option is that the aligners can be removed for a couple of hours every single day, allowing for patients to drink things like coffee. This is one…
Learning more about how dental implants work will help you when it comes to choosing a tooth replacement option. The entire implant placement process can take many months to complete, which means you need to make sure this is the right replacement option for you. One of the many reasons people who are missing teeth…
When it comes to teeth straighteners, Invisalign is the most preferred option. A registered trademark, Invisalign has gained a significant following. The reason is it works incredibly well. However, you will find there are many additional reasons for talking to a general dentist about this method.Invisalign is a registered trademark for a brand of teeth…