Periodontal Surgery Post Op (Scaling & Planning)Limerick, PA
Here is some advice that we have for you incase you are getting ready for a Periodontal Surgery. These tips, followed well, will help you recover and get back on your feet faster.
To minimize the discomfort and aid proper healing following your deep cleaning, we suggest the following:
- After the procedure, take aspirin, Tylenol (acetaminophen), or Advil (ibuprofen) before the anesthetic wears off. Continue to take one tablet every four hours for the next two days.
- Rinse with a warm salt-water solution (mix ½ teaspoon salt in 8 oz. warm water) two or three times an hour for the next day or two.
- Use a soft toothbrush at least two times a day. Be gentle and clean thoroughly. Slight bleeding may occur while brushing as the tissues begin to heal.
- Avoid strong spicy seasonings, and hard “chippy” for the next few days.
- As the tissues heal, some sensitivity to cold may occur. Use a desensitizing toothpaste (such as Sensodyne or Denquil), or fluoride gel (such as Prevident or Gel-Kam) frequently (at least 4 times/day) for 1 to 2 weeks. Also, the cleaner the teeth are kept, the less sensitive they will be.
- Faithfully use any other oral hygiene aids that have been recommended (floss, Perio-Aid, rubber tip, Sonicare, Proxabrush, Gel-Kam fluoride, Peridex mouthrinse, etc).
- Refrain from smoking for 24 hours or longer. Tobacco interferes with healing.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office.
Gum disease is not something that anyone wants to deal with, however, it is often inevitable. This oral condition operates in a few different stages, ranging from mild to severe. In order to avoid entering the severe stages, it is important to take preventive measures. There are a few different ways that general dentists recommend…
A bridge is a custom-made fixed dentistry restoration to fill the gap left by one or more missing teeth. The bridge restores dental function and helps preserve the appearance of your face. The dentist will recommend a suitable type of dental bridge based on the specific needs of the patient. This article covers what you…
Understanding that laser dentistry is a treatment option for addressing cavities means that dental patients have choices. While not all dental professionals offer laser treatment, many now do as they want to offer their patients treatments that use advanced dental technologies. According to WebMD, lasers may preserve more healthy tooth tissue during cavity treatment.Thinking laser…
Are you preparing yourself for your upcoming root canal treatment? Good idea. When you are ready, the entire root canal process is one that will be much simpler for you. Since one of your teeth is in jeopardy, it is vital for you to take any measures so that you can save the tooth. Keeping…
Invisalign® clear aligners might be ideal for you if you do not want to deal with a mouth full of metal. The treatment involves using clear aligner trays to push your teeth to a better alignment. Braces are the oldest way to straighten teeth, and they are still an effective solution. It just so happens…