Invisalign CareLimerick, PA
How and When to Wear
- Invisalign ONLY works when you are wearing them. We recommend you wear your aligners FULL TIME, day and night. The only time the aligners should be out of your mouth is when you are eating and drinking, brushing and flossing, or cleaning them.
- Wear each aligner for a MINIMUM of 2 weeks, or as directed by the dentist. It is very important that you never go to the next aligner in less than the directed time. Even though it may seem that the current aligner is loose and no longer moving your teeth, it may take longer for the roots to catch up with the crown of the tooth.
- If you miss some days for any reason, pick up where you left off and wear the aligners for a full 14-day MINIMUM.
Insertion and Removal
- Make sure you have the proper aligner. U for upper and L for lower in the proper number sequence. They are labeled on each aligner in small font.
- When inserting, gently push the aligners over your front teeth. Then, apply pressure to the tops of the left and right molars until they snap into place. DO NOT bite your aligners into place.
- Make sure each aligner is ALL THE WAY DOWN and fully seated. You should not see any space between the edge of the tooth and the edge of the aligner. If the aligner is not fully in place, the teeth will not move properly and the next aligner will be even further off. This can waste many weeks of treatment and even cause starting over with possible extra fees.
- To remove the aligners, pull off equally on both sides of the back teeth first, and then gently lift off the front teeth. Always rinse the aligners in cold water and store in the proper container. To prevent damage, avoid unnecessary removal. Do NOT use sharp objects to remove your aligners.
- Always place the aligners in the cases provided. Never place aligners in napkins or any other case. Never place in a pocket that can be sat on.
- NEVER discard any old aligners. Always bring all of your aligners to each Invisalign visit.
- If you lose an aligner, call us right away and wear the previous aligner if available. There will be a charge to order you replacement aligners.
Care of Aligners
- Clean your aligners prior to each insertion using your toothbrush. Rinse under running water and brush until clean.
- A few times a week you can soak your aligners.
- Never use denture cleaner or soak in alcohol or bleach, as they will be damaged.
- Do not place aligners in boiling or hot water to clean, as they will be damaged.
Invisalign is a modern way to straighten crooked teeth, and a lot of people are considering it! However, it is important to remember that not everyone is a good candidate for every dental treatment that exists. This applies to Invisalign as well. Thankfully, we can help!Are you wondering if you’re a candidate for Invisalign? Most…
One of the best solutions for replacing missing teeth is dental implants. General dentists recommend them to patients who have missing teeth or teeth that are severely decayed. Dental implants offer many benefits that other tooth replacement options do not, which is why they are worth considering. Want to know more about dental implants and how…
Learning more about the rules of wearing Invisalign® clear aligners is a great idea before making an ultimate decision. For example, one of the benefits of choosing this option is that the aligners can be removed for a couple of hours every single day, allowing for patients to drink things like coffee. This is one…
Learning more about how dental implants work will help you when it comes to choosing a tooth replacement option. The entire implant placement process can take many months to complete, which means you need to make sure this is the right replacement option for you. One of the many reasons people who are missing teeth…
When it comes to teeth straighteners, Invisalign is the most preferred option. A registered trademark, Invisalign has gained a significant following. The reason is it works incredibly well. However, you will find there are many additional reasons for talking to a general dentist about this method.Invisalign is a registered trademark for a brand of teeth…